Re: [K12OSN] k12linux and windows dhcp server

Hello

Thank you for your fast response.

All the settings match what I have put in my test server. I am testing with just 1 client and 1 reservation.

The client boots up to the k12linux login but when I attempt to login, says it can't conect the server and then goes back to the login screen.

My settings:
17 - root path : 172.16.1.100:/opt/ltsp/i386
46 - Wins/nbt node type : 0x8
66 - boot server host name : 172.16.1.100
3 - router : 172.16.1.1
6 - dns server : 172.16.1.2

Asmo Koskinen wrote:
Trey Hunsucker kirjoitti:

I am new to k12linux. I wanted to know the correct dhcp options to put into my windows server 2003 dhcp server.

We use Ubuntu 8.04 with Windows DHCP Server, here is a screenshot about what is needed on Windows side. Here is just one thin client (this one was a test client), you need all your thin clients be there, of course.

http://www.arkki.info/howto/Wiki/LTSP5-Kokkola/Windows_dhcpd.png

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/UbuntuLTSP/LTSPWindowsDHCP

Hope that helps somehow. Best Regards Asmo Koskinen.