Re: [K12OSN] k12linux and windows dhcp server

Hello,

I would like to setup one ltsp server and have around 20 clients in different rooms connect to it. The problem i encountered is that the windows dhcp server beat the ltsp dhcp server to the punch on handing out dhcp. Therefore it seemed reasonable to setup reservations in the windows dhcp server to redirect to the ltsp server.

Trey

Nils Breunese wrote:
Trey Hunsucker wrote:

I am new to k12linux. I wanted to know the correct dhcp options to put into my windows server 2003 dhcp server.

I have disabled dhcp on the k12linux box.

I can get the thin client to boot up to the fedora k12linux login screen but then it fails to connect to login.

I am sure it has something to do with the dhcp options i put in my 2003 dhcp server.

Normally you don't need to modify any existing DHCP server configuration, as the default setup is to connect your thin clients to the LTSP server, which provides DHCP for the thin clients, but not for the rest of the network. If you already have a Windows server running DHCP the setup might look something like this:

[internet] -> [windows 2003 server] (dhcp) -> [ltsp server] (dhcp) -> thin clients

What is your setup like?

Nils Breunese.