Re: [K12OSN] k12linux and windows dhcp server

Nils,

The NIC for the windows dhcp server, and both nics for the k12linux box plugged into the same switch.

I understand that by default the k12linux setup is designed to have NIC 1 pull dhcp and then NIC 2 to be the ltsp server but that requires a k12linux for each lab/room where they will be at unless you VLAN each port that will be used for ltsp.

Trey

Nils Breunese wrote:
Trey Hunsucker wrote:

I would like to setup one ltsp server and have around 20 clients in
different rooms connect to it. The problem i encountered is that the
windows dhcp server beat the ltsp dhcp server to the punch on handing
out dhcp. Therefore it seemed reasonable to setup reservations in the
windows dhcp server to redirect to the ltsp server.

This shouldn't be possible if you use the default 2 NIC network setup for LTSP. Are you using a 1 NIC setup? Multiple differently configured DHCP servers on the same network segment is asking for trouble.

Nils Breunese.