Re: [K12OSN] k12linux and windows dhcp server

Les,

You are correct, is it very possible to run linux as the dhcp server for a windows domain but I've had much better success with a backup domain controller handing out dhcp. Just my personal preference.

Trey

Les Mikesell wrote:
Trey Hunsucker wrote:
Les,

In our windows environment it is best for the windows servers to hand out dhcp, we're running a domain.

I don't follow... What does DHCP have to do with a domain other than pointing the clients to the windows box for WINS and DNS if it is AD?