[K12OSN] Custom xorg.conf

With FC10 and ltsp5, how do I get X -configure to run at the client to
generate an xorg.conf file that I can then use to force certain
settings?  In particular, I need to force 1024/x768 resolution at
75Hz.  The autodetect sets the screens to 1280x1024 at 60Hz, but the
preferred resolution of the monitor is the lower setting.  I have
tried simply running X -configure (via using a shell at the client)
and I get that the file //xorg.conf.new can't be located.  For that
matter, is an xorg.conf file created automatically at client boot?  If
so, I can't find that file either.  I do have the xorg.log files if
needed.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins