Re: [K12OSN] dhcpd.conf

Rob Owens wrote:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 01:30:33PM -0700, Dan Young wrote:
On Tue, Mar 31, 2009 at 1:22 PM, David Hopkins <dahopkins429 gmail com> wrote:
found dhcpd.conf on /etc/ltsp but "service network restart" does not start
the service.

I will reinstall it on this USB and start all over again in case i did
something wrong.

I think you need "service dhcpd restart"
The LTSP DHCP server initscript in K12Linux is:
/etc/init.d/ltsp-dhcpd

So:
service ltsp-dhcpd restart

It is for this reason that I always specify the path and run:

/etc/init.d/somescript restart

That way I can use tab completion when I don't know the exact name of "somescript"

-Rob

I ran Kubuntu on my laptop for a couple of months and then switched back to Fedora. The only thing I miss about Kubuntu is that tab completion works on the service command. So "service dhcp<tab> restart" actually worked there.

Oh. I also miss that the mute and volume controls worked under Kubuntu, but not on F10. Not saying I'm sorry I switched though.

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about.