[K12OSN] Anyone got DVD player software running as local app under k12linux?

Burroughs, Henry HBurroughs at hhprep.org
Thu May 14 14:09:12 UTC 2009

Has anyone gotten say Xine, etc to run as a local app on a thin-client
with a DVD drive?  I think this would be a great demonstration of the
power of local apps with LTSP 5....   This also might solve the
occasional issue of teachers wanting to play CDs on a Thin-client with a
drive.

Speaking of local applications, were can I find information on how all
of that works (local apps) in the k12linux incarnation?  I may be
installing my own (ie: Smartnotebook 10, Crossover Office, etc) local
apps once I test k12linux this summer.

Henry Burroughs

Technology Director

Hilton Head Preparatory School