[K12OSN] wall mart wall wort as app or profile server?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Fri May 22 20:52:27 UTC 2009

Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
> Then this is freakin' killer, dudes/dudettes.  Talk about "thin"
> clients!  All we need now with this thing is a USB hub for the keyboard,
> mouse, and ANTonline USB-to-VGA adapter, and we're done.  Nobody'd even
> *see* the computer.  A little mini-GNU/Linux distro with just the
> essentials (network stack and X11) installed on that built-in flash
> drive would DO THE TRICK!

I do like the idea, but am hoping something similar will eventually come
around with some dedicated display chip embedded - maybe even something
that could do hdmi out if it doesn't make it too expensive.  I suspect
that a USB->video adapter would be quite a load on the CPU.  Maybe
someone will hack a full linux onto the $99 Roku netflix box.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com