[K12OSN] New to K12Linux, Question

Sun May 24 19:11:27 UTC 2009

Yes, you can add stuph while booted from a LiveCD, at least in Ubuntu.  Want a short, impressive demo?  Try 'sudo apt-get install pq && pq &'.

Yes, you can do updates, too.  Unfortunately, the installs and updates don't write back to the CD...  :-(  Works dandy with a stick-boot, though.

David L. Willson
Trainer, Engineer, Enthusiast
MCT, MCSE, Linux+
tel://720.333.LANS