[K12OSN] pxe boot menu feature request

Robert Arkiletian robark at gmail.com
Sat May 30 18:19:25 UTC 2009

I am wondering how many would like to see K12Linux have the ability to
pxe boot to a  boot menu that gives users a choice of booting from
network (LTSP) or boot from local hard drive (Linux or Windows)?

DRBL does this and I think it's a great feature. It allows users to
choose the boot device (network or local HD) without changing bios
settings. It would allow easier integration of K12Linux into existing
Windows labs by allowing dual boot but still have pxe netboot as first
boot device in client bios. It can even be graphical with vesamenu.c32

http://syslinux.zytor.com/wiki/index.php/PXELINUX

Comments, in favor, or against.

--
Robert Arkiletian