[K12OSN] Local CD/DVD and USB Drive Problems From Terminal

murrah boswell otrcomm at isp-systems.net
Sun May 31 22:17:42 UTC 2009

Hello Peter,

Peter Scheie wrote:
> Access to local CD drives on the client does not support music CDs.
> They are a different format than data CDs.

Okay, thanks for the info! Is there any way to support music CDs?

Also, I did get the USB access working from the terminal, however, there is strange behavior. If I plug a USB stick in on the
server, it shows up on my testing terminal desktop also. But if I just mount one from the terminal it does not appear on the server
desktop.

I do not want a USB stick mounted at the server to appear at the terminal(s)? Is this configurable, and if so, how?

Regards,
Murrah Boswell