[K12OSN] Server Configuration question

Joseph Bishay joseph.bishay at gmail.com
Tue May 12 14:24:46 UTC 2009

Hello,

I hope everyone is well.

On Fri, May 8, 2009 at 4:14 PM, Almquist Burke <burke at thealmquists.net> wrote:
> Could you just connect your two networks together? Or, if you want the speed
> of an extra card, you could bond them and have the bonded interface connect
> to the ltspbr0 bridge device instead of just the one ethN card.

I don't see how I can connect the two networks together.  I have two
different floors in the Church.  Each floor has thin clients that all
connect into a single switch.  An uplink from each floor goes to the
server room. So in the server room in the basement I've got a cable
from the 2nd floor switch and a cable from the 1st floor switch.
Currently I have both those cables going into another switch and then
a cable from the LTSP server to that switch.  I was hoping to
eliminate that switch (and it's potential bottle-neck) by plugging the
cable from the 2nd floor into one NIC and the the 1st floor into the
other NIC.

Is that do-able?

Thank you!
Joseph