[K12OSN] Anyone got DVD player software running as local app under k12linux?

Has anyone gotten say Xine, etc to run as a local app on a thin-client with a DVD drive?  I think this would be a great demonstration of the power of local apps with LTSP 5….   This also might solve the occasional issue of teachers wanting to play CDs on a Thin-client with a drive.

Speaking of local applications, were can I find information on how all of that works (local apps) in the k12linux incarnation?  I may be installing my own (ie: Smartnotebook 10, Crossover Office, etc) local apps once I test k12linux this summer.

Henry Burroughs

Technology Director

Hilton Head Preparatory School

www.hhprep.org