[K12OSN] Scary article from Russia (w/o love)

Conrad Lawes pxeboot at gmail.com
Wed May 20 00:43:13 UTC 2009

IMHO,  Xandros Linux server 2.0 is the best Linux-based SBS solution with a
5-star out-the-box experience that can go toe-to-toe with M$. Frankly, I'm
still surprise that  it doesn't get the recognition that it so much
deserves.  Granted it's not free but sometimes free can be highly
over-rated. I don't mind paying for value.

http://www.xandros.com

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 7:18 PM, David Van Assche <dvanassche at gmail.com>wrote:

> opensuse's LDAP works out of the box and is gui based, for both server and
> client. Its really very easy to set up... have a search and see...
>

> On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Moon wrote:
>>
>>> Linux client authentication, LDAP implementation, squidguard, any
>>> application not in their contibs or howtos due to how they are implemented
>>> through the templates.
>>>

>> Did it claim to do any of those things?  I don't think that constitutes
>> "not working out of the box" - although I agree that it would be nice if all
>> linux distributions included a working server setup to match their ldap
>> client authentication schemes.  Clarkconnect is supposed to be adding this
>> in the release that is currently in beta, though.
>>

>> --
>>  Les Mikesell
>>   lesmikesell at gmail.com

Regards,