Re: [K12OSN] Scary article from Russia (w/o love)

openSUSE will not be absorbed by MS in 2 years unless MS is going to be gpling all its stuff, which would be great for everyone, but will likely never happen. The novell deal is pretty irrelevant to the work being done on opensuse-edu. It is by far the best and most up to date edu distro currently available and has changed really seriosuly over the last 2 years. Take a look here: http://en.opensuse.org/Education
This idea that its sellout somehow affects how good the open source software is or the community is, is quite silly... check the product for yourself... Ubuntu will take a LONG time before it has recovered from its steadly dwindling comunity in the education sector.... I know cause I'm part of that team too, but focus most of my time on opensuse-edu now, since that is where all the movement is happening.

kind Regards,
David (nubae) Van Assche