Re: [K12OSN] wall mart wall wort as app or profile server?

Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
Then this is freakin' killer, dudes/dudettes. Talk about "thin" clients! All we need now with this thing is a USB hub for the keyboard, mouse, and ANTonline USB-to-VGA adapter, and we're done. Nobody'd even *see* the computer. A little mini-GNU/Linux distro with just the essentials (network stack and X11) installed on that built-in flash drive would DO THE TRICK!

I do like the idea, but am hoping something similar will eventually come around with some dedicated display chip embedded - maybe even something that could do hdmi out if it doesn't make it too expensive. I suspect that a USB->video adapter would be quite a load on the CPU. Maybe someone will hack a full linux onto the $99 Roku netflix box.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com