[K12OSN] K12 and NetBeans

   Dear All,

we run K12-Fedora10 in a production environment. Yet, I suppose that some of you have probably used (or are going to use) the NetBeans IDE in educational sites. Thus, I wonder if you can help us understand this issue. NetBeans IDE is terribly slow. Menus appear seconds after the mouse asked for them. Window background refresh happens at such a slow pace that you can relax and watch the progress. Strangely enough, Eclipse IDE runs at normal speed. We noticed also that if the *same* client, instead of starting in PXE mode, boots from a local HD and then uses VNC to connect to the server, NetBeans IDE runs at almost normal speed. What kind of viewer does K12 use and why VNC viewer appears much faster in this case? An explanation can be that K12 downloads a default O.S. onto the client, while a local VNC viewer, although running on top of a similar Fedora 10, makes optimized use of the client's graphic card with specialized drivers. Nonetheless, I wonder if a drop-down menu or a window refresh is such a graphic intensive application...

   Regards
   Gianugo Altieri