[K12OSN] New to K12Linux, Question

murrah boswell otrcomm at isp-systems.net
Sun May 24 05:13:53 UTC 2009

> as I understand the distribution policy, all software that has
> external copyright holders like
> OpenOffice (Sun), Adobe Reader and Adobe Flash (Adobe) and other
> 'free' software of this kind of copyright are excluded in the
> distribution. Only true 'free' open source software is included.
>
> You need to download and install this third party software yourself.
> By doing that you agree as individual or organization to the license
> agreements coming with that software individually.

Okay, this makes perfect sense, but it sort of blows my demonstration!

I wanted to use the Live CD to show a local school district how a pxe booted thin client could access the K12Linux environment and
OpenOffice. Is there any way that I could do this with K12Linux installed on a USB stick and OpenOffice installed on the stick?

Regards,
Murrah Boswell