[K12OSN] Remote client desktop

Jeff Siddall news at siddall.name
Tue May 26 21:51:50 UTC 2009

Barry Cisna wrote:
> Jeff,
>
> Could you try downloading fl_teachertool v_0.62 from the following link.
> I made an rpm of fl_teachertool for convenience.The rpm also sets all of
> the password stuff that usually is done manually installing
> fl_teachertool. It will install most dependencies in one rpm and if you
> are lacking others it will pull them down via yum. please read the
> readme.txt at the url first for a brief explanation.Id like to see how
> this works on FC10. Bottom line if it doesn't work you simply do an '
> rpm -e --nodeps fl_teachertool' from the command line - terminal to
> remove what you just installed.
>
>   ftp://eazylivin.net/server/fl_teachertool-0.62/
>
> Take Care,
> Barry Cisna

Barry,

I grabbed fl_teachertool v_0.62 and tried an install.  A bunch of files
in the package conflict with xscreensaver -- ex:

        file /usr/bin/xscreensaver from install of
fl_teachertool-0.62-RC2.i386 conflicts with file from package
xscreensaver-base-1:5.08-5.fc10.i386

I forced the install and ran fl_teachertool.  Unfortunately no users
were listed.

Any other thoughts?

Jeff