[K12OSN] about EEPROM or EPROM for ne2000 ISA (help)

Alberto Castillo proyecto.edulin at gmail.com
Wed May 27 12:49:43 UTC 2009

2009/5/27 Barry Cisna <cisna-barry at wc235.k12.il.us>:
> Alberto,
>
> Sounds like you are on the right track! Are you wanting to try and setup
> an 'embedded' eprom? If so how is the physical nic attached to this
> micro TC? I'm not smart enough to know how the timing,voltage,etc works
> on the various eprom's for your 486x.
> Good Luck!

Hi barry!
Only I need is to know if someone just did can some time run a ne2000
etherboot code into a eeprom (like a 29***) plugged into the socket of
a ne2000ISA.
Than you a lot for the answer and sorry for my bad english, I try to
understand your words my friend!
Very soon I will terminate the documentation and for me will have a
honour to me if all yours test my implementation, in fact, actually
runs very well, but I need finish the documentation, because do no
have any close in my language about this. and this implementation is
thinking for schools with no one recurse, no one... We can gift all
that 486s to schools of sudamerica, for example, and we can use like
server a p4 with only 1GB ram! and run 10 486! we are implement near
of 15 schools with this system in 5 years, and runs very well, we use
from year 2004 k12ltsp, but we do not use ltsp that principal
resource, we use a minidistro into diskette that runs with only with
8mb ram, and now I can get down to 4mb ram and eliminate the diskette.
greetings from Argentina!