[K12OSN] about EEPROM or EPROM for ne2000 ISA (help)

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Wed May 27 16:43:18 UTC 2009

Alberto Castillo wrote:
> 2009/5/27 Scott <ssh at tranquility.net>:
>
>> Remember that 10 mbit may be a bit sluggish on re-drawing a client screen.
>> It will work, but 100 mbit is much better.
>>

> its true, but we have all for a 10mbit network, in fact, the clients
> are all IBM, AT&T and EPSON ISA motherboards with a PCI onboard video
> card cirrus logic, and we have near of 1.500 machines of this type.

In that case, use what you have, and keep marching forward!  I did
something similar with an old Power Mac 5260, which also had 10Mbit,
half duplex.  It felt a bit sluggish, yes, but it did work.  The thing
that matters the most is that your network uses switches, not hubs, and
that your server has at least a 100Mbit connection.  If you can get a
1Gbit connection for the server, then that's even better, but for your
10Mbit clients, 100Mbit will do fine.

--TP