Re: [K12OSN] Local CD/DVD and USB Drive Problems From Terminal

Hello Peter,

Peter Scheie wrote:
Access to local CD drives on the client does not support music CDs. They are a different format than data CDs.

Okay, thanks for the info! Is there any way to support music CDs?

Also, I did get the USB access working from the terminal, however, there is strange behavior. If I plug a USB stick in on the server, it shows up on my testing terminal desktop also. But if I just mount one from the terminal it does not appear on the server desktop.

I do not want a USB stick mounted at the server to appear at the terminal(s)? Is this configurable, and if so, how?

Regards,
Murrah Boswell

Peter

murrah boswell wrote:
Hello All,

I am using the K12Linux 10 Live CD booted on a server from a USB stick!

I read that K12Linux provides access to local devices like the CD/DVD drive but when I put a music cd into the local drive and try to play it, I get an error about not being able to mount /dev/sr0 because of Permission denied.

How can I enable the clients to utilize local resources like the CD/DVD drive and USB dive?

Regards,
Murrah Boswell