[K12OSN] Re: Re: Anyone know how to solve this yum error?

Terrell Prude' Jr. microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sat Nov 21 21:32:42 UTC 2009

Carl Keil wrote:

>> >        file /usr/lib/libgcrypt.so.11 from install of >
>> libgcrypt-1.4.4-5.el5.i386 conflicts with file from package >
>> libgcrypt11-1.4.0-15.el5.i386
>>
>> I missed the fact that these are different packages before.  Where
>> did you get libgcrypt11?  Something from ATrpms?
> Yes.  But enabling or disabling ATrpms for the update makes no
> difference to the outcome or error message.  When I try removing
> libgcrypt or libgcrypt11 it wants to remove about 130 things, so that
> seems like a no-go to me.

Just did some Googling.  This "libgcrypt11-1.4.0-15.el5.i386" package
definitely is in the ATrpms repository.

The libgcrypt-1.4.4 package provides a newer version of the GNUTLS
library, which is libgcrypto.so.11.  It's that file that's giving you
fits here.  I ran into a similar issue with another package, so what I
did was rename the MyConflictingFile.Whatever (in your case,
/usr/lib/libgcrypt.so.11) to MyConflictingFile.Whatever.bak.  Now, on my
system, "libgcrypt.so.11" is actually a symlink to the real file,
/usr/lib/libgcrypt.so.11.5.2.  Therefore, I'd just rename both of them
to have the extension ".bak" or something similar.

Then, try your yum update again and see what happens.

If that doesn't work, then I'd try installing the
libgcrypt-1.4.4-5.el5.i386.rpm package with rpm's "--force" command.
Since it's just a newer version of the GNUTLS library, that shouldn't
break anything (I know, Famous Last Words).

--TP