[K12OSN] correct repo for K12ltsp 5 Centos?

Scott S. ssh at tranquility.net
Mon Nov 2 00:55:18 UTC 2009

Hi all, I have an install that hasn't been updated for some time. It is
on dialup, and over time has had several additional things installed.
The prospect of a fresh install and copying /home over is daunting, due
to the things I have installed.

I recently took the server to my work's network, thinking I would
upgrade everything. The existing repo was no longer in place. After some
searching, There was originally a (now) invalid mirrorlist, I decided on
the following for my k12ltsp.repo entry in /etc/yum.repos.d

baseurl=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/i386

I chose gpgcheck=0 because I figured the gpgkey URLs were invalid as well.

Now, yum can find the repo and update the package list. I cannot however
do a system upgrade, it fails (I do not have the exact error). I can
however manually yum upgrade <packagename> with this list in place.

Questions:
1. What is a valid 'mirrorlist' parameter
2. Can I save this installation without starting over? Everything is
working well.

Here is the output of uname -a

Linux bofh2.ltsp 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5 #1 SMP Wed Apr 1 09:19:18 EDT 2009
i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

thx,
Scott S.