[K12OSN] correct repo for K12ltsp 5 Centos?

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 16:01:52 UTC 2009

Scott S. wrote:
> Hi all, I have an install that hasn't been updated for some time. It is
> on dialup, and over time has had several additional things installed.
> The prospect of a fresh install and copying /home over is daunting, due
> to the things I have installed.
>
> I recently took the server to my work's network, thinking I would
> upgrade everything. The existing repo was no longer in place. After some
> searching, There was originally a (now) invalid mirrorlist, I decided on
> the following for my k12ltsp.repo entry in /etc/yum.repos.d
>
> baseurl=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/K12LTSP/5.0.0-EL-32bit/i386
>
> I chose gpgcheck=0 because I figured the gpgkey URLs were invalid as well.
>
> Now, yum can find the repo and update the package list. I cannot however
> do a system upgrade, it fails (I do not have the exact error). I can
> however manually yum upgrade <packagename> with this list in place.
>
> Questions:
> 1. What is a valid 'mirrorlist' parameter
> 2. Can I save this installation without starting over? Everything is
> working well.
>
> Here is the output of uname -a
>
> Linux bofh2.ltsp 2.6.18-128.1.6.el5 #1 SMP Wed Apr 1 09:19:18 EDT 2009
> i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

Mine has:
mirrorlist=http://k12linux.mesd.k12.or.us/mirrors/k12ltsp-5.0EL-$basearch

You should expect an error.  There is a conflict where one of the Centos
update rpms has added a file named /etc/udev/rules.d/99-fuse.rules which
was already included in a k12ltsp package (this is always a risk when
using 3rd party repositories).

A workaround is described here:
http://www.redhat.com/archives/k12osn/2009-October/msg00121.html

--