[K12OSN] Yum transaction check error involving libgcrypt

Carl Keil carl at snarlnet.com
Wed Nov 4 06:37:48 UTC 2009

Does anyone know what to do about this yum error?

Transaction Check Error:
  file /usr/lib/libgcrypt.so.11 from install of
libgcrypt-1.4.4-5.el5.i386 conflicts with file from package
libgcrypt11-1.4.0-15.el5.i386

I ran one update with an --exclude libgcrypt command, but I'm worried
about doing that too many times since libgcrypt seems to be involved
with so many other things.  It wanted to remove about 130 other packages
when I tried to yum remove it.

I'm running a few things from a third party repo and I'm worried that's
my problem.  How  do I get past this?

Thanks,

ck