Re: [K12OSN] Beta Fl_TeacherTool 0.71 for K12Linux (LTSP5)

From: "Robert Arkiletian" <robark gmail com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2009 2:32 PM
To: "Support list for open source software in schools." <k12osn redhat com>
Subject: [K12OSN] Beta Fl_TeacherTool 0.71 for K12Linux (LTSP5)

Okay it's done. At least I hope it's done.

I have developed this on F9,  it may need a tiny tweak for F11. I have
not done extensive testing so there may be some bugs. I know screen
blanking (lock) does not work but that is a general LTSP issue.

The install procedure is long. I think this may be a barrier to entry
for some. If someone is interested to create a script for the install
(or an rpm) I think that would be much appreciated by many.

BTW this new version does *not* have the security vulnerability that
the old version for ltsp 4.x did :)

Download
http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/Fl_TeacherTool/download.html

Install procedure
http://www3.telus.net/public/robark/Fl_TeacherTool/k12linuxinstall.txt

Special thanks to Peter Scheie for helping me figure out stuff in the
install procedure.

Cheers

--
Robert Arkiletian

Has anybody been able to get the x11vnc installed on Fedora 11 and if so what package did you use. Or if you built it yourself what steps did you take?

The x11vnc-0.9.5-1.fc10.rf.i386.rpm requires libcrypto.so.7 and libssl.so.7

Thanks Lance