[K12OSN] K12 setup in Fedora 11

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Mon Nov 9 17:50:19 UTC 2009

Look in the archives for both this group and the dev list:

the wiki is
https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/wiki

which should cover the basics.

btw, K12LTSP 5EL is based on Centos5 which is pretty close to what you
are presently running. If you just need the basic functionality, this is
a very stable distribution. K12Linux handles Flash, local applications
and newer hardware better, though.

Also, keep in mind, Fedora 12 is out in about a week. The reason I
mention a new, "unproven" version is because Fedora goes EOL so quickly,
officially around 13 months. Fedora 6 hasn't been supported since Dec
'07. If you do an installation of F11, you'll probably want to migrate
to F12 or F13 (unlucky?) to remain on a supported release.

Regards,
William