[K12OSN] Passing Xorg options via lts.conf

Gideon Romm ltsp at symbio-technologies.com
Wed Nov 18 14:25:34 UTC 2009

Try:

X_DEVICE_OPTION_01 = "\"HWCursor\" \"off\""
X_DEVICE_OPTION_02 = "\"SWCursor\" \"on\""

If that doesn't work, use X_OPTION_01 and X_OPTION_02 instead.

-Gadi

On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 08:59 -0500, Burroughs, Henry wrote:
> Is there a way to pass Xorg options via lts.conf?
>

> In particular, I found that openchrome has issues with HWCursor (the
> infamous invisible mouse pointer)
>
> You will find this happens with the Disklessworkstations Term 1220
> system
>

> I need to pass these to the clients in question (I have mixed clients
> on my network):
>

> Option HWCursor off
>
> Option SWCursor on
>

> Otherwise I have to use Vesa, and vesa is so slow.
>

> I’m running a test server for F12 ltsp.
>

> And thank goodness, screen locking works now!
>

> Henry Burroughs
>
> Technology Director
>
> Hilton Head Preparatory School
>
> www.hhprep.org

Gideon Romm | Proud LTSP Developer
ltsp at symbio-technologies.com

Pay It Forward!
Intel Atom 1.6GHz, 512MB RAM + Symbiont Boot Stick = $275
10% of order goes to school or open source project of your choice!

Buy yourself a lab or office and use your donation to set up a school,
pay for a desperately needed feature added to a software package,
or sponsor part of LTSP's annual developer's conference LTSP-by-the-sea!

Check out:  http://www.symbio-technologies.com/payitforward