Re: [K12OSN] Anyone know how to solve this yum error?

Dan Young wrote:
On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell gmail com> wrote:
and try again. If it still doesn't work, try:
yum install yum-downloadonly
yum --downloadonly install libgcrypt
then go find the downloaded rpm (somewhere under /var/cache/yum) and see if
you can get rpm to update it or at least get a sensible error message about
why this isn't a simple update.

JFYI,

yum-utils includes yumdownloader, which is nicer that having to go
grab RPMs out of /var/cache/yum, etc.

I normally do a 'yum -y --downloadonly update' ahead of time (and go away) for machines where I would baby-sit the actual update and reboot, so I'm used to having the rpms available there.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com