[K12OSN] Recommended RAM for F12/LTSP5

I have gotten the impression that 128MB of ram is probably below minimum RAM wise for running LTSP5 (I watched top as a local app).

What do people recommend as a good min of ram and then what would be a good working level to have (I'm thinking 512MB -> 1 GB).  I would like the capability to do local apps (in particular crossover office with office 2003).

Thanks!

Henry Burroughs
Technology Director
Hilton Head Preparatory School