[K12OSN] CentOS5 + Flash + Sound

David Hopkins dahopkins429 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 5 11:09:04 UTC 2009

On Sun, Oct 4, 2009 at 11:04 PM, Steven James Drinnan <steven at sjdsoft.hk>wrote:

> If you are using the wrapper, does your system use pulse sound server?
> (Not sure if centos 5 uses pulse)
>
> I just saw an article that said that flash uses alsa so you may need the
> alsa-pulse component installed.
>
> steven

CentOS doesn't use pulse.  Still using esd.  I reverted the systems to a
32-bit version (FF 3.5) and I am monitoring the system as users start FF
with this version.  When I had the 32-bit version of Flash 10 installed, it
complained about alsa, so I have also reverted Flash back to version 9.  The
system seems stable and responsive, but I can't check on sound remotely (via
a VPN) so that will have to wait till I get back to the school.
/tmp/.esd/socket does exist though and I have libflashsupport installed.

Thanks for all the help guys!  It is appreciated.

Sincerely,
Dave Hopkins