[K12OSN] Samba chmods not working

"Terrell Prudé Jr." microman at cmosnetworks.com
Sun Oct 11 02:44:51 UTC 2009

Terrell Prudé Jr. wrote:
> Daniel Loomis wrote:
>> I just started setting up a new K12ltsp system and find I cannot
>> samba create mask and create directory to override system defaults.
>>
>> I use
>>
>> create mask 770
>> directory mask 770
>>
>> in either [global] or [shares]
>>
>> but when a client creates a new directory it defaults to 0755
>> and any new files default to 0644
>>
>> Host is running EL.
>>
>> Dan
>

> Try the "force" directives.  Like this:
>
>   force directory mode = 0770
>   force create mask = 0770
>
> --TP

Er...make that second line "force create mode = 0770".  Typing too
doggone fast....

By the way, is there any reason you want to make user files executable
by default?  I can see directories, but why files?  The "force create
mode" that I use is 0660, for this reason.  Directories of course remain
0770 because of the first line.

--TP