[K12OSN] OT - Yum problem

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 18:49:50 UTC 2009

Joseph Bishay wrote:
> Hello,
>
> So from the replies I've read even if it messed up the kernel
> installation the existing one should run just fine.  This is excellent
> news!
>
> My follow-up question is, does this mean that the issue, whatever it
> is, could be resolved by getting to the actual physical box and
> running "yum clean all", yum update" again?

It is probably better to:

yum-complete-transaction
   (if you don't have it, 'yum install yum-utils' first)

This may say it is going to remove a whole bunch of packages, but the
times it has happened to me it has always been right about them being
duplicates.  After this finishes you can try the update again.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com