Re: [K12OSN] RE: Major schools deployments

> OUR MAIN CHALLENGE
> Our major bottleneck seems to be the fileservers. Both of the main fileservers can't
> handle the traffic on the disc when a lot of pupils (or employees) uses e.g. firefox and
> the TS keeps waiting for the NFS-traffic to catch up. We're trying to optimize the
> nfs-servers with numbers of nfsd and using async, but I think we'll have to consider
> buying hardware-raid based NAS-boxes from e.g. Cisco.

Odin,

Have you tried settings the browser.cache.disk.parent_directory option
for firefox? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.cache.disk.parent_directory
If you point this to a tmpfs in RAM I would think that you would see a
good performance improvement. Haven't actually tested this theory but
thought I would throw it out there.

Thank You,
Ben Dailey
Assistant Technology Director