[K12OSN] RE: Major schools deployments

Barry R Cisna brcisna at eazylivin.net
Thu Oct 8 12:45:40 UTC 2009

Hello All,

In our schools scenario,I have found that you should disregard everyone's
feelings that the TC's are a bit slow. Bottom line,the reliablity benefits
of K12lTSP far outweighs the slight speedier Windows alternative. no
Viruses!!...
there is always a work around of some kind for Winders specific
applications. that being Wine or going one better going to everything web
based. Once you find a web based product for you client server type apps
life will be smooth.
Oden, You should not be having trouble with your file server. We have 1000
students here ,not really knwoing actual TC and fat clients at this point
but we only have a 4 year old file server that is always 'keeping up' with
everything. This is an EL5 based file server BTW.
Just my input.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna