Re: [K12OSN] using really old PCs as clients

Thanks for all the replies. But even now my question is not properly answered. It is simply,  if I use a new network card with boot ROM,
whether I can boot in to a network even if the boot options does not have an entry for network card as boot device.

From the replies I assume the answer is negative and the only option is to use a boot floppy.

regards,
Raju

On Sun, Oct 11, 2009 at 9:48 PM, Klaus Ade Johnstad <klaus skolelinux no> wrote:
 Søndag 11. oktober 2009 17.44.09 skrev raju VK :
> I have successfully installed the terminal server on my fc10
>  desktop.. Now my question is now I can use some vintage (1998/99)
>  PCs as clients. The PCs has no option to boot from network. Other
>  wise they are still functional. If I use a network card with boot
>  ROM can I connect these PCs to the terminal server ?. I googling the
>  net last two days does not yield any result.
>

> with thanks in advance,
> Raju

One person that is using realy old PC as clients (like i486 w/4MB ram)
is Alberto Castillo from Argentina. Search the listarchives for mail
from him,  Alberto Castillo <proyecto edulin gmail com>

That would be a good startin point.

--
Klaus Ade
67E61D18B2C44F8A3DA35C6D849F9F5F 26FA477D