Re: [K12OSN] using really old PCs as clients

raju VK wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. But even now my question is not properly answered. It is simply, if I use a new network card with boot ROM, whether I can boot in to a network even if the boot options does not have an entry for network card as boot device.

From the replies I assume the answer is negative and the only option is to use a boot floppy.

If you install a boot ROM in the ethernet card, the BIOS should find it and execute it on start up. It has been years since I have done this, but I'm pretty sure I used the stuff supplied by rom-o-matic. Or was it etherboot? Maybe both!

jthomas bittware com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
The secret to enjoying your job is to have a hobby that's even worse
  - Calvin's Dad