[K12OSN] OT - Mapping software

Hello List,

Just curious if anyone on the board here has found a decent mapping
software for Linux? I have tried RoadNav/(Navit) but it is just too
clunky for decent functionality. I am sure the developers have put in a
lot of time getting this software to the point it is. I tried making an
install of M$ Streets and Trips (2009) but it is just too heavy for wine
to find all the bits to link to,etc. I am guessing using Google maps is
just what will have to work? Was wanting something that trips could be
figured up 'offline'. Thanks for any ideas.

Take Care,
Barry Cisna