[K12OSN] Managing screen resolution

What's the best way to manage screen resolution across a wide variety of workstations?  I've got a hodge podge of client computers and monitors.  I'm currently experimenting with the fedora 10 version of k12linux.  I've been searching google and experimenting but am still a bit lost.

I appreciate the help.  I have an opportunity to move about 200 workstations over to something better than a Windows XP / Samba server environment.  I'm trying to convince our owner that we don't need to switch to a horribly expensive Citrix environment.