[K12OSN] K12 install how to on top of Centos 64 bit 5.x

Jim Christiansen jim.c.christiansen at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 17:01:23 UTC 2009

Hello Everyone,

Well, on schedule it seems, one of my K12LTSP servers has had its drive
fail.  I seem to need to replace one of the three server drives every couple
of years...  Just long enough for me to forget how I did it last time.

I have backups of /home, /opt, /etc ...

The last time I had to do this I did an http install from a webserver
directory that I had altered with proper centos 64 image files.  The
K12LTSP5 iso is missing the proper image and won't boot.  I need the 64 bit
version as this server has 6 gigs of ram.

Is there a fixed EL5 64 iso or ...Does anyone have a nice quick how-to filed
away anywhere?

Thanks,

Jim