Re: [K12OSN] Managing screen resolution

Ah ok.  I had one of my test workstations pop up with a 1600x1200 resolution on an old 19" CRT monitor.  That's something I just know our users would complain about.  Everyone in the company is used to a 1024x768 resolution.

Is there a way to force a certain resolution?  I've got one older user who simply insists on a 800x640 resolution!

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 1:06 PM, Phydeaux <reb taco com> wrote:
At 08:40 AM 10/19/09, Jon Williams wrote:
>What's the best way to manage screen resolution across a wide variety of workstations?  I've got a hodge podge of client computers and monitors.  I'm currently experimenting with the fedora 10 version of k12linux.  I've been searching google and experimenting but am still a bit lost.
>
>I appreciate the help.  I have an opportunity to move about 200 workstations over to something better than a Windows XP / Samba server environment.  I'm trying to convince our owner that we don't need to switch to a horribly expensive Citrix environment.

We're on Fedora 11. Even when on Fedora 10, the monitor resolution
was not an issue.  As long as the monitors are plug-and-play the resolution
adjusts autmatically to the native resolution of the monitor without any
issue.

reb