[K12OSN] Setting up VNC remote support

I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this but I'm having no luck in configuring vnc support for my test LTSP server.  What I would like to do is be able to vnc into a end user's session and troubleshoot any and all issues they may be having by viewing what they have on the screen.

The approach I've taken is by installing the vnc-ltsp-config package and then tweaking Xinetd setting to try and get things to work.  No matter what I try however, ever vnc session I initiate gives me a gray screen and nothing else.

I know I'm making this harder then it has to be.  Can anyone provide any pointers on the best way to troubleshoot this?