Re: [K12OSN] Setting up VNC remote support

Are you running K12LTSP or K12Linux? K12LTSP included fl_teachertool which allows you to do just what you want: see, and optionally control, any given user's screen. fl_teachertool is not quite ready for K12Linux, although Robert Arkiletian, the author, is working on it.

Peter

Jon Williams wrote:
I don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this but I'm having no luck in configuring vnc support for my test LTSP server. What I would like to do is be able to vnc into a end user's session and troubleshoot any and all issues they may be having by viewing what they have on the screen.

The approach I've taken is by installing the vnc-ltsp-config package and then tweaking Xinetd setting to try and get things to work. No matter what I try however, ever vnc session I initiate gives me a gray screen and nothing else. I know I'm making this harder then it has to be. Can anyone provide any pointers on the best way to troubleshoot this?