[K12OSN] Setting up VNC remote support

William Fragakis william at fragakis.com
Tue Oct 27 16:22:36 UTC 2009

What apps will you be using?

If you are using primarily office types of apps, K12LTSP is rock solid.
K12Linux better integrates Firefox/Flash, imho, and can take advantage
of more powerful clients.

If you really need desktop support and monitoring, fl_teachertool is
absolutely mind-blowing. It does way more than simply grabbing a screen
session.

btw, put a freenx server on your LTSP servers if you haven't already.
It's brilliant to come in from a remote location with FreeNX, running
fl_teachertool and getting a user up and running before they've even
finished their call to you.

Regards,
William