Re: [K12OSN] OT - Yum problem

Joseph Bishay wrote:
Hello,

So from the replies I've read even if it messed up the kernel
installation the existing one should run just fine.  This is excellent
news!

My follow-up question is, does this mean that the issue, whatever it
is, could be resolved by getting to the actual physical box and
running "yum clean all", yum update" again?

It is probably better to:

yum-complete-transaction
  (if you don't have it, 'yum install yum-utils' first)

This may say it is going to remove a whole bunch of packages, but the times it has happened to me it has always been right about them being duplicates. After this finishes you can try the update again.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell gmail com