[K12OSN] Extremely long time to authenticate users

jimmy halbert jimmy_halbert at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 1 21:31:05 UTC 2009

We are running Fedora 10 k12Linux, the average users per server is roughly between 80 -110. Once Fedora boots and presents the login screen, after users enter their user name and password, the system takes up six minutes to authenticate and bring the user to the desktop.
I thought that I had this issue licked by disabling selinux. The login time decreased but not much,( 4 minutes plus). The user names are simple and the passwords are six digit numbers.
Any ideas on where to look to increase login times would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks