[K12OSN] Adobe Flash

j.w. thomas jthomas at bittware.com
Thu Sep 3 00:51:01 UTC 2009

I'm running K12LTSP-EL5-64 (The 64-bit Centos-based version) in a
one-room multi-grade school.  The teacher wants to send some of the kids
to a flash-based website while she instructs others, but for the life of
me, I cannot seem to get Flash working.

I went to adobe and followed their instructions (which is where the wiki
directs me anyhow).  I did a "yum update flash-plugin" and everything
was peaches.  The next step is to verify that the plug-in is installed
by pointing Firefox to about:plugins.  But there is no joy there.  FF
reports no plugins at all.

Almost everything I find about flash for K12LTSP has to do with getting
sound to work, and almost nothing about getting flash itself to work.
Maybe that will be useful next week...

I also tried the 64-bit version of flash, but got exactly the same
result for my efforts: nothing.

I update FF to the latest in the Centos repo (some minor rev to version
3), and was met with the same result.

Help!

jthomas at bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
The secret to enjoying your job is to have a hobby that's even worse
   - Calvin's Dad