[K12OSN] Adobe Flash

j.w. thomas jthomas at bittware.com
Thu Sep 3 23:14:52 UTC 2009

Barry Cisna wrote:
> Jim,
>
> Do the following on your 64 bit install;
> Drill down to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
> COPY the contents of the ../plugins folder,,,
> paste ALL of these into your /usr/lib/%Firefox%/plugins dir.
> Now open Firefox and in the address bar type in  about:plugins
> You should see the Flash Player plugin listed as a plugin.
> Let us know your findings.

I managed to get it working this evening by following the instructions
at http://www.mjmwired.net/resources/mjm-fedora-f8.html#flash (following
the 64-bit instructions).

I think the missing ingredient was "mozilla-plugin-config -i -g -v"
because as soon as I did that, about:plugins showed all kinds of goodies
(but not shockwave).  To get THAT, I had to remove flash and install it
again.  Bingo.

Thanks everyone for your help on this.

jthomas at bittware.com  http://www.bittware.com    (603) 226-0404 x536
I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken.