[K12OSN] setting quotas per user to solve our slow login process

Daniel Howard dhhoward at comcast.net
Fri Sep 11 14:25:17 UTC 2009

Dan Young wrote:
> Sounds like:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ltsp/+bug/357268
>
> If you're not using localapps, you can test to see if this is the bug by:
>
> cd /opt/ltsp/i386/usr/share/ldm/rc.d/
> mv X01-localapps oldX01-localapps
>
> Then reboot your terminal.
Thanks Dan.  We tried it to no avail.  This seems like a bug because we
switched a server back to K12LTSP and had 1000+ accounts up, no problem,
boot up in seconds.  Unfortunately that is likely to be the solution for
the time being until we can resolve the large number of accounts/slow
bootup issue with K12Linux, or anyone can suggest other avenues for us
to explore.  Thanks, Daniel